We have been exclusively retained by our client, a substantial manufacturing company in the FMCG sector to assist with the recruitment and selection of a suitably qualified, experienced and dynamic professional with ability to drive business performance to fill the critical and strategic role of Group Chief Executive Officer. Reporting to the Board of Directors through the Chairman, the incumbent will be responsible for leading the Executive Management of the business consistent with strategy and commercial objectives as well as the overall stewardship of the business.
To ensure that business plans, commercial operations and strategies are developed, reviewed, agreed upon and implemented to meet the goals set for growth and profitability.
Monitor the external environment, regulatory condition, read the market, anticipate change and alert the Board to these and assess the likely impact of change to the business.
· Ensure that opportunities for business development are identified and recommendations made to the Board of Directors as appropriate.
· Review and take remedial action where necessary of all business units for sustainable profitable performance.
· To create conditions and processes to support and sustain change through balancing people, financial resources, technology and operations.
· To establish world class systems to ensure operational efficiency, good corporate governance and best practice systems in all functions.
· Top manage and control the financial strategy according to the budget and oversee effective sales and marketing strategy as well as production..
· Safeguard the Company’s assets and increase/ preserve shareholder value at all times.
· Establish an efficient and timely performance measurement and reporting system.
· Assess the principal risk of the business and ensure that risk is effectively addressed in all aspects of the business.
· Ensure succession and contingency plans and resources are in place for all key operational roles.
· Develop and maintain healthy relationships with key stakeholders locally, regionally and internationally